Al-Hira Educational Trust was established in September 2003 by Hafiz Muhammad Nazir Sahib who felt that there was a strong need to provide an Islamic and spiritual education for the local Muslim children, men and women of Staincliffe. Al-Hira Education operates a thriving maddrassah with students ages ranging from 4 to 16 years. Programmes are delivered in both Urdu and English. It is one of the few Maddrassah’s in the north Kirklees area that permanently caters for girls aged 12 to 16.
Aims and Objectives of Al-Hira Educational Trust
1. Provide comprehensive Islamic Educations to ensure that we instil Islamic beliefs in the hearts of our pupils according to the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
2. Provide Essential Islamic Study program to prepare students with the fundamental knowledge of the Islamic Sciences for further study in Islam.
3. Provide Essential Islamic Study program to prepare students with the fundamental knowledge of the Islamic Sciences for further study in Islam.
The Maddrassah facilities include:
- Prayer halls.
- Quran and Islamic studies Maddrassah for children (five days a week).
- Quran classes for women (Five days a week).
- Weekly Tafseer Ul Quran study circles for men and women.
- Jumuah khutbahs in English and Urdu.
Future plans inshaAllah include:
To meet the needs of the Muslim community the trust has bought a new premises which was used as a warehouse. In 2015 planning application was made to Kirklees Council which the permission was granted for the premises to be changed into Maddrassah in May 2016.
- Provide weekly classes in Arabic.
- Monthly Islamic study lecturers.
- Provide facilities for sisters in the Al-Hira Educational Trust site.
- Organise weekend courses at the Al-Hira Educational Turst site for women and men.
- Provide Alim and Alima courses.
- Provide an Ifta Service via the Al-Hira Education Trust website where people will be able to submit their questions and these questions will be subsequently be answered by Mufti Usmani Sahib. These fatwa’s can be view through the archives on the website.